Memberships and Donations
The Loon Preservation Committee (LPC) is a self-funded, non-profit organization committed to the protection and enhancement of the loon population in New Hampshire. LPC has always been a grass roots organization, and we rely on the support of our members, volunteers and the public to help fund our work to safeguard loons.
Please help us to thank our Business Members by viewing their websites or visiting their establishments.
The loon population in New Hampshire has more than tripled since LPC was founded in 1975, despite the recent declines in loons on two major lakes. This increase has been attributed in large part to the monitoring, research, management and educational activities of the Loon Preservation Committee. LPC houses the most complete database of loon populations and productivity in existence, information that allows us to pursue sophisticated research involving loons and their habitats. The Loon Center, LPC’s headquarters and visitor center, annually hosts over 10,000 visitors who come to learn about loons and the environment.
Despite our efforts, loons remain a threatened species in New Hampshire. By joining today, you will help ensure that LPC can continue its mission:
- To restore and maintain a healthy and biologically stable population of loons throughout New Hampshire;
- To monitor the health and productivity of loon populations and individuals as biological sentinels of environmental health;
- To promote a greater understanding of the natural world, its beauty, complexity and interrelationships, inspired by our timeless captivation with this creature; all to be facilitated in large part by a grass roots network of members and volunteers.
Can you imagine a summer on New Hampshire’s lakes without loons?
As a member, you will receive:
- The Loon Preservation Committee Newsletter two times a year;
- Invitations to LPC’s special events throughout the year;
- A membership decal;
- A 10% discount on all merchandise from The Loon’s Feather Gift Shop;
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to preserve the haunting call of the loon on lakes and ponds throughout New Hampshire.
We need your support now more than ever as we explore new threats to our environment and the loon’s survival. Your contribution will help to ensure that this beautiful bird will continue to grace our waters.
Please join! The Loon Preservation Committee is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and all contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
You WILL be given a choice of using your CREDIT CARD or using PAYPAL once you have reached the PayPal payment submission page. Look for the link to pay using your credit or debit card.
If you wish to pay by check or use your credit card off-line,
click below to download a printable form to mail or fax to LPC.
Downloadable forms for print are in PDF format.
< to top of page >