The Loon Center
The Loon Center in Moultonborough, NH is LPC’s headquarters as well as a visitor center open to the public.
Hours of operation are as follow:
- High Loon Season (July 1 – Columbus Day):
9 am – 5 pm, 7 days a week
- Off Peak Season (mid-May – June 30):
9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Saturday
- Winter Hours (Columbus Day – mid-May):
9 am – 5 pm, Thursday – Saturday
OPEN Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day and Columbus Day.
Closed other holidays and the day after Thanksgiving.
Markus Wildlife Sanctuary walking trails are open seven days a week all year, dawn to dusk.
Our displays, exhibits, and award-winning videos introduce visitors to the wonders of New Hampshire's loons and other wildlife. Admission is free, The Center hosts over 10,000 New Hampshire residents and visitors each year.
While at the Loon Center, visit the Loon’s Feather Gift shop where you will find “all things loon and more!
From Route 25:
- Heading east on Route 25 at Moultonborough, turn right onto Blake Road at Moultonborough Central School (look for The Loon Center sign).
- Heading west on Route 25 at Moultonborough, turn left onto Blake Road at Moultonborough Central School (look for The Loon Center sign).
- Go one mile to the end and turn right onto Lee’s Mill Road. The Loon Center and Wildlife Sanctuary are on the left, at 183 Lee’s Mill Road.
From Route 109:
- Heading north on Route 109, turn left on Lee Road, just past Bucky's Restaurant and Tavern.
- Heading south on Route 109, turn right on Lee Road, just before Bucky's Restaurant and Tavern.
- Go .7 miles and turn left onto Lee's Mill Road (look for the Loon Center sign). Go .9 miles. The Loon Center and Wildlife Sanctuary are on the left, at 183 Lee's Mill Road.