Loon Census Form
The 2017 Loon Census will be held on Saturday, July 15 between 8:00 and 9:00 am.
- Record only the FIRST sighting of each loon or group, then be sure to total the number of loons observed on the appropriate line. Note the direction in which the loons move or fly.
- If possible, please attach a sketch/map of census area and the location of any loons you observe.
- Please comment on loon activity observed at other times during the summer using the box towards the bottom of the form.
- It is CRITICAL that observations continue for the ENTIRE HOUR.
- Remember, a report of zero is just as biologically important as a report of 10 loons
Census observations must be submitted by July 31 to be included in the tally.
(Required fields are in bold. One observation is required too.)
Click here to download an off line paper version of the Loon Census Form.
To contribute observations at other times during the loon season, please see our Field Volunteer page here.